RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
All clients of Centacare have the right to be treated in a considerate and respectful manner at all times and under all circumstances.
Centacare supports the rights of all clients engaged with our services, providing a clear statement of expectations for clients and providers.
You can expect from our service:
- Service delivery in a safe environment
- Service delivery with respect, dignity and consideration of privacy
- Participate in making decisions about your service needs
- Protection of your privacy in accordance with legislative requirements
- Access to your client file
- Give consent before information is shared with other organisations, unless there is risk of harm to yourself or others
- Receive services in a culturally sensitive way
- An accredited interpreter if required
- An external advocate through all stages of your service
- Discuss any questions or complaints you may have concerning your experience at Centacare
- Appeal the outcome of a complaint
- Make a complaint to an independent complaints organisation
- Be reassessed regarding eligibility criteria, regardless of prior service refusal
You can help us by:
- Co-operating with your support worker by providing relevant information that may influence service delivery to you
- Being respectful to staff
- By participating in agreed service plans
- Some programs have specific client responsibilities. If these relate to you, we will discuss these with you.
For more information about our use and disclosure of private information, refer to our brochure: Client guide privacy rights & responsibilities feedback.