HOW TO APPLY
Work with us!
At Centacare we have a passionate team who care for people and have a strong belief in social justice. If this sounds like you, join our team today!
We offer an extremely family friendly working environment, training and development opportunities, flexible working arrangements, additional leave allowances, a supportive Employee Assistance Program, attractive Salary Packaging benefits, study assistance and much more!
How to apply for positions at Centacare
Download the Position Description
The position description (PD) will provide you with information about the duties involved, and the knowledge and skills required to fulfil the position. By reading the PD you can assess whether you have the skills required to perform the role.
Key Skills and Experience
The Key Skills and Experience is a list of skills, abilities, experience, qualifications and personal attributes that are essential to achieve high performance in the role.
The Key Skills and Experience allows the selection panel to make a fair assessment of your ability to meet the requirements of the position, and is the basis for short-listing applicants for an interview.
The Key Skills and Experience is found in the final section of the position description.
Applications received without a response to Key Skills and Experience will not be considered.
How to address the Key Skills and Experience
The Key Skills and Experience can be found on the final page of the position description.
- Individually address each criteria under a separate heading.
- Analyse each key skill according to the position and level. Ensure you address each part of the criteria.
- Provide clear examples of how you meet each selection criteria and substantiate your examples with indicators of how well you preformed.
- In your response to the selection criteria do not refer to your resume. If something is relevant in your resume write it into your key skills and experience.
- There is no word limit when addressing each criteria, however is it recommended that you be as concise as possible, and try not to exceed one A4 page per criteria.
When submitting your application please provide:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Responses to Key Skills and Experience
- Names and contact numbers for at least two professional referees
All applications will be assessed against the key skills and experience for the position. Only successful applicants who proceed to interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted and offer of employment made.
If you are successful in your application, it is a requirement of working at Centacare that every staff member hold a current Working with Children’s check and undergo a National Police record check, together with a Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme check (DWES). Depending on the role you have applied for there may be a requirement to undergo a Disqualified Carer Check and this would be outlined in the PD. The successful candidate must have clearance in the above mentioned checks prior to commencement, however the National Police record check will be completed internally through People & Culture.
Applications are to be submitted direct to our People & Culture team via this site.
Centacare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from people from diverse cultures, people with a disability and those who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Please note: We are unable to keep resumes on file that are not linked to an advertised position. All our vacancies are listed on this website and may appear in local newspaper or on SEEK.com.au