Parenting can be both rewarding and challenging. Some may say the most difficult job we undertake! Our parenting workshops offer a chance for parents to talk about their experiences, while building stronger parent/child relationships, in a relaxed and non-judgmental environment.
Bringing up Great Kids
A reflective parenting program developed by the Australian Childhood Foundation
- Building supportive parent-child relationships
- Exploring messages and beliefs we bring to our experience of parenting
- Understanding the world through our childrens’ eyes
Tuning in to Kids
An evidence based parenting program focused on raising emotionally intelligent children through:
- Understanding the impact of emotions on behaviour
- Identifying and understanding your own emotions
- Enhancing emotional connection within your family
Managing challenging parenting moments
- Keeping cool when the kids heat up
- Choosing when to accept, prevent or influence childrens’ difficult behaviour
Tuning in to Teens
An evidence based parenting program aimed at:
- How to raise emotionally intelligent children
- Connecting, accepting and understanding your teen
- Emotion coaching worry, sadness and anger in teens
Do you feel exhausted trying to be Mum and Dad? This program looks at:
- How the family relationship has changed
- Staying positive about yourself and your children
- Looking after yourself
My Kids & Me
Strengthening relationships with your kids in care
- Developing insight and strategies; how to rebuild the relationship with your children who are in care.
- Opportunity to present your own story in a self-reflective group environment.
Circle of Security Parenting
A relationship based parenting program (developed by Cooper, Hoffman & Powell 2009)
- Understand you child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs
- Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of your child’s self esteem
- Honor the innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL TAKE AWAY
- Greater recognition of what you do well and what is working in your life
- Positive changes in your behaviour
- Positive changes in your child’s behaviour
- Increased sense of connectedness with your family
- New strategies and the confidence to implement them
- Certificate of attendance
HOW MUCH WILL THE PROGRAM COST?
For concession card holders, all group program fees are halved.
Staff will be able to provide additional information to you on the payment of fees, with respect to your specific circumstances.
We acknowledge that the idea of attending a group program can sometimes be stressful. Our facilitators create a group atmosphere that is relaxed and non-judgemental, so that each participant can gain as much as possible from their experience.
Whilst a minimal level of participation is necessary, there will be opportunities for you to decide how much (or how little) personal information you share with you group.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you would like to speak with our Intake Worker about participating or booking into one of our programs please phone: Ballarat (03) 5327 7960 Warrnambool (03) 5559 3000