Family Counsellor, Family Relationship Services
|Position Title:||Family Counsellor, Family Relationship Services|
|EFT:||Part-time (0.6) ongoing, Additional fixed-term (0.2) until 31/12/2020|
|Contact Person:||Kim O’Neill, Coordinator, Family Relationship Services|
|Phone:||03 5327 7939|
|Closing Date:||31 May 2020|
Centacare is looking for someone who is passionate about helping others, client-focused, reliable and has excellent communication skills to join our Family Relationship Services team.
We are seeking a Family Counsellor to deliver counselling services to families, couples and individuals in the Ballarat region.
The role of the Family Counsellor, Family Relationship Services is to promote the independence and healthy development of families, couples and individuals through the provision of quality counselling and program delivery.
If you have proven professional qualifications in Counselling, previous experience delivering counselling programs with the use of industry-accredited frameworks, a commitment to excellence in service delivery and an understanding of emotional intelligence and reflective practice this could be the role for you.
To be successful in this role, you require:
1. Proven professional qualifications in Counselling, e.g. Psychology, Family Therapy, Counselling Graduate Diploma or other relevant tertiary studies.
2. Demonstrated ability to deliver child centred, family focused and relationship counselling within current research based industry accredited frameworks.
3. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, together with interpersonal and group work skills.
Centacare, Catholic Diocese of Ballarat is a social welfare agency committed to providing support services within the communities in which it operates. Centacare delivers a range of programs and services to families and individuals throughout Western Victoria.
At Centacare we offer:
- a family friendly working environment
- training and development opportunities
- flexible working arrangements
- salary packaging for eligible staff
We embrace, value and respect an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated. We are committed to the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Please ensure your application includes a cover letter, resume and responses to the key skills and experience found in the position description linked below.
Should you require cultural or other support in submitting your application, please contact our People and Culture Department on 03 5337 8999