Residential Carer – Residential Care Youth Services
|Position Title:||Residential Carer – Residential Care Youth Services|
|EFT:||Part-time (0.7), ongoing positon|
|Contact Person:||Benita Marson, Manager Victims Assistance Program and Youth Services|
|Phone:||0428 217 393|
|Closing Date:||31 May 2020|
Residential Carers will work as part of a core team, providing full-time, live in care for young people using care practices with therapeutic intent to create a homelike, caring and nurturing environment in which young people can develop a sense of security and experience reparative relationships with carers.
Residential Cares will be provided with extensive support from the Senior Practitioner/Therapeutic Liaison, including day-to-day guidance and fortnightly formal supervision. Initial and ongoing training in therapeutic care practices will also be provided.
The Centacare Residential Care program offers accommodation and support to young people with a focus on 15 to 18 year olds. The program is based on a therapeutic model, with a full-time, Senior Practitioner/Therapeutic Liaison based in the Residential Care home.
To be successful in this role, you require:
1. A Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care) or a recognized relevant qualification including social work, counselling, welfare, youth work, alcohol/other drugs (or relevant qualification) and/or substantial experience in working therapeutically with young people.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of child/adolescent development and the impact of trauma and demonstrated knowledge, or the capacity to work towards therapeutic caring approaches.
3. Demonstrated skills in engaging children and young people who have experienced significant trauma, and emotional and behavioural dysregulation and capacity to respond sensitively to young people’s needs.
Centacare, Catholic Diocese of Ballarat is a social welfare agency committed to providing support services within the communities in which it operates. Centacare delivers a range of programs and services to families and individuals throughout Western Victoria.
At Centacare we offer:
- a family friendly working environment
- training and development opportunities
- flexible working arrangements
- salary packaging for eligible staff
We embrace, value and respect an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated. We are committed to the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Please ensure your application includes a cover letter, resume and responses to the key skills and experience found in the position description linked below.
Should you require cultural or other support in submitting your application, please contact our People and Culture Department on 03 5337 8999