CRADLE TO KINDER
An intensive ante and postnatal support program providing long term family and early parenting support for vulnerable young mothers and their families.
Commencing in pregnancy and continuing until the child reaches four, engagement with this program enables parents to make positive life changes, build skills and establish social connections that lead to independence.
Parents are supported with specialised case management promoting positive parent-child relationships that:
- Improve child health, development and well being
- Promote child safety and stability
- Strengthens parenting capacity and mental health outcomes
- Builds strong communication skills and problem solving
- Supports parents with building self-reliance and sustainability through education, vocational training and employment
- Engage parents with antenatal and postnatal care services, maternal health services and early childhood services
We also provide parents support to promote play and learning opportunities for the child, provide support in developing routines for the child and support the child’s development of healthy sibling and peer relationships.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Referrals into this program are through the Child First central intake.
Eligible clients for Cradle to Kinder are young pregnant women (under 25 years of age) or where a baby is up to six weeks of age. Priority may be given to Aboriginal Families.
Referrals to Child FIRST are accepted from a broad range of service providers and community members.
To refer someone to Child FIRST please call:
Ballarat 1300 783 341
Warrnambool 1300 543 779
Child FIRST will identify if Cradle to Kinder is the appropriate program for the client and will allocate each case on an individual basis.
If you would like to speak with our Coordinator of the Central Highlands program please call (03) 5327 7900
If you would like to speak with our Coordinator of the South West program please call (03) 5559 3000