ASSISTANCE WITH CARE AND HOUSING
If you are an older person aged 50 or over and on a low income and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, the Assistance with Care and Housing program can support you to access appropriate, sustainable and affordable housing.
Assistance provided to you by a Centacare Support Worker may include:
• Location of appropriate properties through internet searches and local knowledge of private rental market or affordable social housing options
• Assistance to complete and submit paperwork required to apply for a tenancy or social housing
• Organisation of transport to view properties
• Support to understand the requirements of a new tenancy and support to access relevant loans
• Assistance with arrangements to relocate
• Referral to health, community care, welfare and social support services
• Assistance to maintain or build local support networks
Support can be provided in a variety of settings including your own home, at a centre or clinic or in the community.
This service is provided free to all older people meeting the eligibility criteria.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Individuals, carers, family members, community service organisations and health professionals can make a referral into this program.
If you would like to speak with one of our Support Workers please phone 03 5337 8999 or go to My Aged Care.